Thursday 15 May 2014

Wicked UK & Ireland Tour

Last night, I went to see Wicked at The King's Theatre in Glasgow while it was on it's UK & Ireland Tour. This is the second time I have seen Wicked, and seeing it again reminded me of why I loved it so much the first time round.

SYNOPSIS- Wicked tells the story of what happened before Dorothy dropped in. It shows the relationship between the two witches, 'Glinda the Good' and 'The Wicked Witch of the West'.

The music in Wicked it outstanding, so naturally two female leads would be needed to do it justice. For this tour they definitely had this. Jemma Alexander (Elphaba) and Emily Tierney (Glinda) are both equally great with their emotional performances, and the humour also. The whole cast were amazing when put on stage together and vocals were brilliant. The costumes were stunning and they all fitted in so well with the scenery. One of the reasons I loved Wicked the first time I saw it, was due to it's special effects. As this is a tour and the venues will be smaller, I expected a few changes to made, however a lot of it was kept the same and worked very well. I think Wicked is one of these shows that, no matter how many times you go and see it, you will always find something new to enjoy, or even be taken aback by the same things that excited you the first time you watched it. If you were ever on the fence about wanting to go and see Wicked, I urge you to get a ticket, or even just go on YouTube and listen to the music. No matter what age you are, you will find something to love about this show. 
I have uploaded a vlog of our visit to see Wicked. You can view it here: http://youtu.be/4gdjth9SkTI
My friend Jess also did a review on it and you can read it here: http://jesshayward03.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment