Saturday 10 May 2014

The Fault In Our Stars

I was lucky enough to win a chance to see the film adaptation of John Green's 'The Fault In Our Stars' a month early as I won a competition called 'Little Infinities'. This was special for me as I am a huge fan of the book and an even bigger fan of The Vlogbrothers.

SYNOPSIS- This is the story of Augustus Waters and Hazel Grace Lancaster. It begins when they meet at a support group for cancer patients and survivors. The two meet, and they quickly fall in love. The story follows the two through their story, and each of their struggle with cancer.


When I first read the book, I loved it. I laughed, and I cried. John Green is one of my favourite authors currently and this book was so cleverly written and I enjoyed going on Augustus and Hazel's journey.

I think the fans of the book will definitely enjoy this as pretty much every last inch of the movie was exactly like the book. Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort work very well together and there is a definite chemistry between them as it shows that they love working together.
All the famous lines that made the book so great are included and I'm sure fans will be pleased about this. It is possible that this particular book and film have made me cry more that anything else. I won't go too far into the story just incase some people have not read the book and do not want spoilers. I will say this, take some tissues to the cinema. You're going to need them. 


I went to see this with my friend Jess and she has also done a review on this - http://jesshayward03.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment